Burp Suite v1.3 is now available to download. This is a major upgrade with a host of new features.
New features in Burp Suite free edition include:
- A new message editor/viewer optimised for HTTP requests and responses, with colourised syntax, mouse-over decoding, and quick conversion functions.
- Facility to add comments and highlights to the proxy history and site map.
- Support for AMF-encoded messages.
- Improved handling of SSL server certificates, to eliminate browser SSL warnings and connection problems with thick clients.
- Copy to file / paste from file to facilitate working with binary content.
- New display filters.
- Much enhanced extensibility.
- Configurable DNS resolution, to override host resolution, facilitating work with non-proxy-aware clients.
- Fine-grained upstream proxy rules.
- Exporting of HTTP messages and metadata in XML format.
- Improved text search, with regex support, scope restrictions, dynamically updating results, etc.
- Automated discovery of unreferenced content.
- Scripts and comments search.
- Wizard for performing more effective scans of multiple items.
- Target analyser.
- Manual testing simulator.